Woman With Gun At DFW Airport Not Indicted
Judith Kenney passes through security with a gun in a computer bag. (credit: DFW International Airport)
FORT WORTH (AP) - A grand jury has declined to indict a Dallas-area attorney accused of getting on a plane with a loaded gun in her bag.
Judith Kenney had been charged with unlawfully carrying a weapon in a place where weapons are banned.
Screeners at Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport saw the .38 revolver in her bag in January. But she removed it before they could seize the bag.
Kenney was arrested after being removed from a plane.
Her attorney has said that she carries the gun for protection but forgot it was in her bag.
A no-bill means the grand jury did not find sufficient probable cause for the case to go to trial.
Prosecutors said Friday they’re prohibited from saying what evidence was presented to the Tarrant County grand jury.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- PD: Lewisville Man Kills Wife After Dog Defecates In House
- Charges Against JetBlue Captain Suspected Of In-Flight Disturbance
- Dallas Snake Sighting Prompts Park Warning
- 48,000 Sq. Ft. Texas Mansion Heads To Auction
- Perfect Attendance Will Equal New Car For FWISD Student