Watney Takes Lead As Woods Heads Home
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) – The Wells Fargo Championship looks like it will be missing Tiger Woods on the weekend for the third straight year.
Woods couldn’t buy a putt in his round of 73 and was at even-par 144, almost certain to miss the cut for the eighth time in his career. Instead, the leaderboard was filled with a couple of players looking to turn their games around.
Nick Watney, who has not had a top 10 in stroke play all year, shot a 64 to take a one-shot lead over Webb Simpson (68) among early starters in the second round. Watney had gone 10 straight rounds without breaking 70 until arriving at Quail Hollow.
Among those two shots behind was Stewart Cink, winless since he captured the British Open at Turnberry in 2009.
(Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
Also Check Out:
- UT Southwestern Doctors Make Obesity Breakthrough
- Parents Of Special Needs Child Say Their Boy Was Restrained
- Tossed Ball At Rangers Game Causes Uproar
- Dallas Woman Jailed After Man Found Castrated
- Friend’s Advice For Deion & Pilar: “Stop!”