Texas’ Brown Still Talking About 2 QBs
AUSTIN (AP) – The Texas Longhorns are starting spring practice with coach Mack Brown still not publicly committing to a starting quarterback for 2012.
Just about everything points to sophomore David Ash after he started in the team’s Holiday Bowl win and played the entire game. But Brown said Thursday the Longhorns are still trying to develop both Ash and Case McCoy.
As usual, Texas won’t release a depth chart until fall. Both quarterbacks started games in 2011 and both struggled as the Longhorns went 8-5.
Brown says improving the passing game will make the difference whether Texas can once again play for a Big 12 title and challenge for the national championship.
(Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
Also Check Out:
- Fed Up With Menu, Texas Students Stage Lunchroom Boycott
- Texas Ranchers Face New Cattle Rustling Threat
- Woman Details Escaping Enslavement In Texas Home
- Some Offended By Half-Staff Flag For Whitney Houston
- Call Of Duty Game Leads To Prank Lewisville 911 Call