Ryan Leaf To Stay In Jail, Awaiting Parole Decision
GREAT FALLS, MT (AP) – Ryan Leaf will stay in jail in Great Falls a while longer while Texas prosecutors work with their Montana counterparts to revoke the ex-quarterback’s probation on 2010 drug charges.
Probation and Parole Office regional administrator Dawn Handa tells the Great Falls Tribune that the 30-day hold gives authorities the time they need to send information between states.
The former Washington State and NFL quarterback was arrested last Friday and Monday on separate allegations that he broke into homes and stole prescription medication. Probation and parole officials placed a 72-hour hold on Leaf after the second arrest. It was extended on Tuesday.
Handa says offenders supervised by two states can be held without bail for up to 30 days.
A hearing set for Wednesday on Leaf’s probation status was canceled.
(Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
Also Check Out:
- Tornado Damage in North Texas
- Charges Against JetBlue Captain Suspected Of In-Flight Disturbance
- Dallas Snake Sighting Prompts Park Warning
- 48,000 Sq. Ft. Texas Mansion Heads To Auction
- Perfect Attendance Will Equal New Car For FWISD Student