Pier 1 Imports Tops Q4 Revenue Expectations
FORT WORTH (AP) - Pier 1 Imports Inc. reported fiscal fourth-quarter revenue on Thursday that beat Wall Street’s expectations, while revenue at stores open at least a year rose 10.3 percent.
Fort Worth-based Pier 1 Imports says total revenue for the quarter that ended Feb. 25 increased 11.8 percent to $477 million.
Analysts surveyed by FactSet predicted $469.3 million.
The home decor company anticipates quarterly earnings of 47cents to 48 cents per share, before an expected tax benefit.
Wall Street analysts expect earnings of 47 cents per share.
Pier 1 said total revenue for the fiscal year ended Feb. 25 climbed 9.8 percent to $1.53 billion. Revenue at stores open at least a year rose 9.5 percent.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Fort Worth Naked Man Sentenced To 18 Years In Prison
- Rockwall Doc Charged In Biggest U.S. Healthcare Fraud Ever
- 3rd Party Companies Making Billions Off Unauthorized Phone Charges
- Woman Details Escaping Enslavement In Texas Home
- Fed Up With Menu, Students Stage Lunchroom Boycott