North Texas Hires Marquette Assistant Tony Benford
DENTON (AP) – North Texas has hired Marquette assistant Tony Benford as head coach.
The school announced the move Tuesday and planned a news conference for Wednesday.
Benford spent four years under Buzz Williams at Marquette and was associate head coach last season. He has been a college assistant for 20 years with other stops at Arizona State, Nebraska and New Mexico.
The former Texas Tech player replaces Johnny Jones, who left North Texas for the heading coaching job at LSU.
Benford says his philosophy is “all about the players.”
(Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
Also Check Out:
- IHOP Sued After Firing 4 Muslim Managers
- Plano Mom Creates App To Help Son’s Autism
- Man Jailed For Child Support For Baby That Wasn’t His
- Former Mavs Prospect Goes From Homeless To Published Author
- Union Members Vote To Strike Against Lockheed