Mavs Fall To Lakers, 96-91
DALLAS (AP) - Andrew Bynum had 19 points and 14 rebounds as the Los Angeles Lakers hit the halfway point of their season with a 96-91 victory over the defending NBA champion Dallas Mavericks on Wednesday night.
Bynum had a huge smile on his face when he grabbed a rebound of his own miss and was fouled trying to go back up with 5:29 left. He made both free throws to break an 82-all tie and finally put the Lakers (20-13) ahead to stay after 13 ties and 10 lead changes.
Pau Gasol had 24 points for the Lakers, while Kobe Bryant and Derek Fisher each had 15.
Dirk Nowitzki had 25 points and 12 rebounds to lead the Mavericks (21-13), who played their final game before the All-Star break.
LISTEN: Dirk Nowitzki postgame interview
LISTEN: Vince Carter postgame interview
(Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
Also Check Out:
- Sign Linguage: The Best Jeremy Lin Fan Signs
- Drug Bust Ends With 17 TCU Students Arrested
- Some Offended By Half-Staff Flag For Whitney Houston
- Son Of Willie Nelson Works To Make His Own Mark
- Call Of Duty Game Leads To Prank Lewisville 911 Call