Hearing Set For Fort Hood Bomb Plot Suspect
Nasar Abdo (credit: KWTX)
WACO (AP) - A federal judge will decide whether to throw out the confession of the soldier accused in a bomb plot on Fort Hood troops.
Army Pfc. Naser Jason Abdo’s attorneys have filed motions to be heard Friday at a hearing in Waco federal court. One seeks to suppress evidence obtained when Abdo was arrested in July at a Killeen motel near the Texas Army post.
His attorneys claim investigators denied him access to a lawyer and did not read his Miranda rights before he told of plans to bomb a restaurant filled with Fort Hood troops.
Abdo was AWOL from Fort Campbell, Ky. He faces up to life in prison if convicted of attempting to use a weapon of mass destruction and eight other charges. His trial is set for May.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Man Jailed For Child Support For Baby That Wasn’t His
- Bullying Complaints Surface Against H.S. Football Coach
- Original Mud Run Participant Dies During Fort Worth Event
- Suspects Who Set Dallas Dog On Fire Wanted
- Dallas Home Invasion Ends With Deadly Shooting