Darvish Named MLB’s AL Rookie Of The Month
NEW YORK (Sports Network) - Texas Rangers pitcher Yu Darvish was named the American League Rookie of the Month for April.
Darvish pitched to a perfect 4-0 record with a 2.18 ERA, including 33 strikeouts and 17 walks, over 33 innings on the mound in five starts to earn the honor.
The Osaka, Japan native participated in just the seventh all-time meeting between Japanese-born starting pitchers in an April 24th duel with the New York Yankees’ Hiroki Kuroda.
Darvish’s best performance of the month came in that matchup as he tossed 8 1/3 scoreless innings while scattering seven hits and striking out 10 batters.
Other players receiving votes included Athletics center fielder Yoenis Cespedes, Tigers pitcher Drew Smyly and Orioles pitcher Wei-Yin Chen.
(© Copyright 2012 The Sports Network. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- UT Southwestern Doctors Make Obesity Breakthrough
- Parents Of Special Needs Child Say Their Boy Was Restrained
- Tossed Ball At Rangers Game Causes Uproar
- Dallas Woman Jailed After Man Found Castrated
- Friend’s Advice For Deion & Pilar: “Stop!”