Dallas Man Convicted In Break-In Killings
DALLAS (AP) - A jury has found a man guilty of capital murder in the fatal shootings of two brothers during a March 2009 Dallas home-invasion robbery.
A Dallas County jury deliberated about five hours before returning its verdict on Roderick Harris. The penalty phase of his trial begins Monday morning, with Harris to receive either a death sentence or a sentence of life in prison without parole.
Killed were Alfredo and Carlos Gallardo. Witnesses said Harris entered the home and confronted six family members inside, demanding wallets and valuables. When the robber tried to force the family into a walk-in closet, the brothers tried to defend the family and were shot.
Harris was shot and wounded by police after shooting at officers.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Woman Jailed For Trying To Fill Prescription
- DISD Teens Simultaneously Graduate From High School & College
- Rare White Buffalo Dies In Hunt County
- Lost Phone Leads To 30 Years Jail For Texan
- UT Southwestern Doctors Make Obesity Breakthrough