Comedian Leo Gallagher Taken To Local Hospital
LEWISVILLE (CBSDFW.COM) – The comedian Gallagher, known around the world for his watermelon-smashing act, has been rushed to a local hospital from a Lewisville club he was set to perform at Wednesday night.
The comedian, whose full name is Leo Anthony Gallagher, was set to perform Wednesday night at Coach Joe’s Hat Tricks in Lewisville. A twitter picture from a fan shows the comedian at the club Wednesday afternoon prior to his performance.
The club says Gallagher was taken by ambulance to a local hospital, but did not specify which one. He was reportedly complaining of chest pains when he was taken from the club.
The comedian’s manager, Craig Marquado, told CBS 11 Gallagher was having “very serious issues with his heart,” and would be hospitalized for an extended period.
Gallagher was hospitalized last year after suffering a mild heart attack on stage. The comedian collapsed at a club in Rochester, Minnesota on March 10, 2011.
Also Check Out:
- Police Given Direct Line To Cell Phone Searches
- Viewers Get Phone Bill Credits After CBS 11 Investigation
- Justin Bieber Tweets Out Dallas Phone Number
- Carjacking Victim Wants Dog Back For Special Needs Brother
- Texas Nurse Accused Of Killing Patients With Bleach IVs