Apple Creating 3,600 Jobs In New Texas Facility
Sign above the entrance of an Apple store. (credit: Vittorio Zunino Celotto/Getty Images)
AUSTIN (AP) - Apple Inc. will build a new facility in Austin that is expected to create more than 3,600 jobs.
Gov. Rick Perry announced the facility Friday. He says Apple’s new campus will more than double the number of workers Apple has in Texas during the next decade.
Apple will get $21 million through the Texas Enterprise Fund, created by the Legislature in 2003 to lure businesses and job growth. Perry says a local incentive agreement with Austin and Travis County is still pending.
The new campus will provide customer support, sales and accounting functions for Apple.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Texas Nurse Accused Of Killing Patients With Bleach IVs
- 55-Year-Old Grandma Wants To Be Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader
- Parents Use Hidden Camera To Capture Abuse Of Autistic Son
- Fort Worth Naked Man Sentenced To 18 Years In Prison
- Fed Up With Menu, Students Stage Lunchroom Boycott